It was so freaking cold in our house last night. We decided to open the windows, which was awesome, but I was in bed, in my winter pajamas, shivering. We resorted to the heavy down comforter, thank god. I woke up 30 minutes late, covered in dogs, with the covers pulled up to my eyeballs. Fall, I hope you’re really here. Please don’t go!
Surprisingly, I don’t actually feel like snuggling in to my house constantly. I have some really kind of otherwordly energy these days. It’s exciting! And exhausting. People who know about seasons and stars and the moon and things: Is this normal?! What’s happening to me?? I do, however, feel like eating and drinking comforting things. Picked up Gray Duck Chai concentrate in Minneapolis last weekend and have been enjoying a glass every morning, hot, with coconut-almond milk. So rich. So spicy. So delicious. Treated myself to an amazing bar of dark chocolate with almonds and sea salt today, too. I don’t know if I “deserve it” but, like, what does that even mean anyway? We always deserve it.
I’m rambling, you guys. This extra energy is taking over. Let’s get down to business.
It’s fall and I know you want to eat comforting stuff. So, I did the research for you and found some awesome recipes that I’m drooling over and can’t wait to try. If you try any of them, let me know how they turn out! Catch me on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook.
- Vegan Cinnamon Buns With Figs + Dark Chocolate. OHMYGOD.
- Pumpkin Cake + Semifreddo Push-Up Pops. You can also make the ingredients separately. Duh, though.
- Pumpkin Cinnamon-Streusel Coffee Cake. Make someone’s day with this! Take it to work!
- Vegan Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies. Also, make someone’s day with these.
- I love desserts that are still a little summery right now. Like this Strawberry-Thyme Cake. Fall and bright flavors unite!
- Sweet Potato Waffles. This is my all-time fave waffle recipe. I make them with pumpkin puree instead of sweets and don’t add cacao nibs. You can easily add a scoop of protein powder if you’re into that shit. And put almond butter, fruit, nuts, and maple syrup on top!!
- Flourless Cherry + Almond Brownies. Sink into these babies, cuddled by the fire!
- Good ol’ fashioned Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting. Because, if you have a mom like mine, this was your favorite thing in the world.
- Vegan Pumpkin Walnut Bread. YUP!
- Pumpkin Rugelach With Sage + Walnuts. Oh my lord. When can I make these?!
If you aren’t drooling yet, I dunno what in the hell to tell you. Get ye to the kitchen!